McCain’s endorsement will help Romney pivot away from Iowa, toward New Hampshire, and turn the page on the caucuses in any case. But McCain also symbolizes much of what the GOP base doesn’t want in its 2012 nominee, so it’ll be interesting to see just how closely Romney hugs the Arizona senator.
- Veteran Lobbyist to Advise Romney Campaign (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Robert P. Jones, Ph.D.: Whither the White Evangelicals’ Candidate (huffingtonpost.com)
- Sen. McCain ‘astonished’ at low impact of allegations against ‘America’s Toughest Sheriff’ (thehill.com)
- Santorum Squish Slips on Romney ’08 Backing and Abortion (thepage.time.com)
- Santorum’s unfortunate explanation (politico.com)