(Yahoo) There are only so many hours in the day for getting physical. Skipping the gym for a little romp isn’t something you should do every day, but when you do choose getting sweaty in bed over the exercise bike, you’re still burning calories. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, check out the health benefits of getting it on.
- Strengthens Pelvic Floor Muscles: Who says you need to be wearing a sports bra to work your core? Exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor (an important part of your core) can be done sitting at your desk and even during sex. Whether you know it or not, you’re performing Kegels while having sex, which increases pleasure. Bonus: a toned pelvic floor improves your bladder control.
- Relieves Stuffiness : Having an orgasm temporarily clears up sinuses. Sex for seasonal allergies? Sure beats Benadryl.
- Boosts Immunity: People who have sex once or twice a week have 30 percent higher levels of the antibody immunoglobulin A, which boosts your immune system and helps fight infections like colds and the flu. Getting down and dirty is just another way to help keep your lover healthy.
- Give The Gift Of Orgasm (stacyknows.com)
- Why You Should Still Be Doing Your Kegel Exercises (blisstree.com)
- Yoga and Pelvic What? …You Know, “Down There.” (elephantjournal.com)